Saturday, August 4, 2012

My weekend in writing...

Happy weekend folks. I hope you're getting to all those jobs you want to achieve this weekend. I know I'm doing pretty well myself so far, so fingers crossed the momentum continues.

Goals for this weekend:
1. Finish editing short story for TWC anthology - check!
2. Finish revising RS and submit to publisher - check!
3. Work on novella for my other persona - not yet but hopeful!

I suppose I should tell you a little bit about numbers 1 & 2 :-)

The short story is for an anthology with my writers group - we're forming a co-operative to publish our own work. There are 9 of us, and several are published already, so we're all helping out with content editing, line editing and formatting. It's almost ready to go so watch this space!  My story is a contemporary romance and it's set in Sydney. That's all I can tell you for now. You'll have to be patient :-)

The romantic suspense is a novel I wrote some time back, had it published briefly with a now defunct publisher, so I revised it and updated it and I've sent it off to a new publisher. Hopefully they'll like the partial and ask for the full - but geez Louise it's so long since I sent in a submission to a new publisher, I am so nervous!  I'm trying hard not to second guess what they will say, plus making sure I don't re read what I wrote because there's nothing I can do to change it now!  Talk about scary!

So that's my weekend in writing - how's yours going?

No comments:

Post a Comment